Proofpoint Full Stack Developer Contractor (6 months) - Anywhere in US in Sunnyvale, California
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Proofpoint seeks an advanced Full Stack Developer Contractor specifically with Python, SQL and NoSQL experience to work on a contract basis within its Threat Research organization. During the contract period, you will have the opportunity to work on your own as well as collaborate with threat research and infosec subject matter experts on a variety of challenging and high-impact projects that span the software development lifecycle.
*Your day-to-day *
· Collaborate with security research engineers to understand assignment scope and requirements
· Propose and vet design solutions
· Develop software to implement solutions
· Design and incorporate unit and functional-level tests
· Drive code reviews
· Periodically present progress; review and incorporate feedback
What you bring to the team
· Python and Django experience
· REST API development experience
· Database experience (SQL and NoSQL). For example,
· Creating and maintaining SQL tables
· Mapping data from NoSQL Schemas to Web Interfaces
· Experience with version control (e.g. Git)
· Ability to work during US East timezone (for some part of work day)
· Linux System Administration experience (e.g. daemon management)
Nice to have
· Proven experience successfully performing Python 2 to 3 migrations
Test Driven Development experience
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
Build and enhance our proven security platform
Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.