Proofpoint Manager, Sales Engineering UK in Reading, United Kingdom
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At Proofpoint, people are at the heart of our award-winning lineup of cybersecurity solutions, and the people who work here are the key to our success, and to that of our customers. We’re customer-focused, collaborative and committed to excellence. Through a culture of diversity, honesty and initiative, we deliver meaningful innovation that helps manage today’s biggest threats. With opportunities in all functions, we offer many exciting reasons to join our team.
Proofpoint is looking for an experienced Sales Engineering Manager to manage a team of sales engineers focused on Large Enterprise opportunities throughout the UK. Our SE Managers lead from the front, are customer facing, hands on technical, and focused on enabling and empowering their teams to be successful. Candidates should have experience managing sales engineering teams, prior experience as an enterprise field sales engineer, and a track record of being involved in complex customer deals. We prefer a background in cyber-security, data security cloud security, or risk & governance.
• You will coach, enable and empower a team of Sales Engineers:
Develop the team by setting shared goals, information sharing and establishing mentoring relationships
Ramp newer members of the team on rules of engagement, building relationships with their Account Managers, technical training, and showing them how to become self-sufficient
Develop and mentor team members to help them achieve their career goals, ideally here at Proofpoint
Deal with escalations and resolving customer challenges
Develop team collaboration, skills and performance through expectation setting and regular communication cadence and development strategies
• Partner with Recruiting and HR to attract, hire and retain top talent to support our rapid growth
• Be customer facing - Frequently attend meetings with members of your team
• Participate in the ongoing technical training alongside your team
• Evangelize the Proofpoint vision to customers and prospects at all levels, from technical to C-suite executives
• Act as an individual contributor when needed to engage with customers and help formulate strategies for target accounts and influence key stakeholders
• Partner with other groups such as Professional Services and Customer Success to help us continue our tradition of an outstanding customer experience and industry leading customer retention
• The role will require travel between 25-75% within the region
What you bring to the team
• Proven experience of managing sales engineering teams, ideally in the cyber-security industry based on previous experience as a sales engineer
• As a leader in cloud security, you will have deep technical background, either in secure messaging, content or data security
• Willingness to actively engage in problem solving at a technical level
• Track record of mentoring and developing team members and guiding them to success
• Solid sales acumen and ability to partner with account teams to drive new customer sales as well as add-on revenue
• Ability to bring motivational influence towards the diversity in the team, aligned with expected teamwork efficiency
• You can thrive in a fast paced, high energy environment
• Ability to work independently, adapt quickly and maintain a positive attitude
• Proven ability to command a room, guide complex technical and business conversations with C-suite executives, as well as technical staff
• Excellent communicator and presenter
Nice to have
• Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience
• CISSP or other industry certifications are beneficial
We are wholly devoted to helping our customers protect their greatest assets and biggest security risk: their people. That’s why we’re a pioneer in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner. We welcome candidates from all walks of life. Apply today and explore your future #LifeAtPFPT.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
Build and enhance our proven security platform
Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.